Ignition Interlock Employer Exemption

You can apply for an Ignition Interlock Employer Exemption If you have an Ignition Interlock Device installed in your personal vehicle. This will allow you to continue to drive for work after you have been accused of a DUI.

If the Court or the Department of License (DOL) has ordered you to have an Ignition Interlock Device installed on your personal vehicle, there is an exemption available for you to drive employer owned vehicles. The vehicle must be owned, leased, rented or be the temporary responsibility of your employer.

To be eligible to apply for the Employer Declaration for Ignition Interlock Exemption you need to:

  • Have an Ignition Interlock installed on your personal vehicle.
  • Complete the employee section of the form.
  • Have your employer complete their portion of the form.
  • Send a copy of the completed form to the Department of License
  • You need to carry a copy of the form when you are driving the company vehicle.

You can find the Employer Declaration for the Exemption for the Ignition Interlock requirement at dol.wa.gov or you may Click Here to follow the link to the Department of License form.

Important Details To Be Aware Of.

The Exemption will only apply to a vehicle that your employer has directed you to drive, and will not apply to any vehicles that you are driving for your personal commute to and from work.

Feel free to call us with any questions or to ask for help to complete the form.

We know that DUI’s can be a life changing event

Call us now to ask additional questions or to hire an experienced attorney who has deep connections with the local legal system

Want to hear more from us?

You can connect with us on social media at any of the networks below.

Sign up for the Monthly Newsletter.