A Speeding Ticket is a Civil Infraction
How does a speeding ticket affect you:
- Go on your Driving Abstract as a moving violation.
- Can cause your insurance rates to go up.
- Can add points to your license.
- Will show on your record for 3 years.
- May affect your job either now or in the future.
We Can Help You Fight Your Ticket!
Our Attorneys work to protect your record. We will:
- Request all required documentation from the court.
- Develop the best defense strategy for each individual infraction.
- Address your ticket at the court hearing for you.
- Confirm the outcome has been properly recorded in your docket.
- Notify you of the outcome and any steps you need to do to complete the process.
Traffic tickets are generally handled by our legal team during office hours.
Commonly Asked Questions
When is the attorney available to discuss my ticket?
The attorney is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
I have heard that Rick can help me with a speeding ticket, how does this work?
When you call the office, one of our legal team members will assist you with the process of hiring Merrill Law for representation to fight your speeding ticket.
Do I have to go to court?
We will go will go to court on your behalf. It is not necessary for you to attend the contested court hearing.
What do I need to do to hire Merrill Law?
Speak to our legal team to complete your form and make your payment.
- Come in to the office during business hours or,
- Call during business hours to have the form sent to you by Email, Fax or Mail.
- The completed client agreement form and the fee will need to be paid prior to Merrill Law being able to represent you in court.
I am a returning client, why can't you just use my previous agreement form?
- We need to verify that we have your most current contact information.
- The details specific to your new ticket
- A signature is required for each individual ticket you receive.
Are there any additional fees that I need to be aware of?
- There are no additional fees due to Merrill Law once you have paid the flat fee for legal services.
- Depending on the outcome of your infraction there may be court fees to be paid directly to the court.
Do I need to mail the ticket to the court?
- It is important to respond to the court within the 15 day allotted time.
- If you intend to hire Merrill Law, we ask that you mark the contested hearing box, it is the 3rd box on the ticket, and mail the ticket directly to the court.
- If you come into the office, we can send the ticket for you.
Which courts does Merrill Law go to?
Merrill Law handles speeding tickets in several counties and cities in Washington State. Call us to verify if your ticket is assigned to a court that we attend.
How long does the process take?
- The court has 120 days to hold a hearing once the ticket is filed.
- We will address your case at the hearing for you.
- Additional hearings may be necessary for some cases and will be handled by us.
- You will be notified about the outcome of your case.
If I hire Merrill Law am I guaranteed to get the ticket off of my record?
There are no guarantees that the ticket will be dismissed, however we will do our best to keep the infraction off of your record.
What are the chances that I will get a good outcome for my ticket?
Each ticket is unique and will be addressed on its own individual issues. With that in mind, we can not predict what your outcome will be and we do not want to mislead you in anyway. Rest assured we will be handling your ticket with the utmost priority.
What is your success rate?
Our priority of achieving the best possible outcome for each individual case means that we put our efforts and resources to work on the present. By focusing on the present we are able to give our clients top quality results.
What forms of payment does Merrill Law accept?
- Visa, MasterCard, or American Express
Call us now to ask additional questions or to hire an experienced attorney who has deep connections with the local legal system.