criminal cases are not all the same. your options are unknown and you are unsure of what will happen next, Until you speak with an attorney,.
Merrill Law Can Help You Fight Your criminal case
Some Examples of Criminal Cases:
- Animal Cruelty
- Commercial License Required
- Criminal Trespass
- Malicious Mischief
- Disorderly Conduct
- Domestic Violence Assault
- Driving While Suspended
- Driving without Ignition Interlock Device
- Hit and Run Attended
- Hit and Run Unattended
- Fail to Transfer Title
- False Statement to Law Enforcement
- Minor in Possession
- Negligent Driving 1st Degree
- Obstructing Law Enforcement
- Physical Control
- Possession of Drug
- Possession of Drug paraphernalia
- Possession of Controlled Substance
- Protection Order Violation
- Provide Alcohol to Minors
- Reckless Driving
- Reckless Endangerment
- Resisting Arrest
- Trip Permit Violation
- Vehicular Assault
- Weapons Prohibited in Certain Location
How can a crime can affect you.
- Go on your Driving Abstract as a Gross Misdemeanor or Felony
- Show in future any background checks.
- Consequences can include Jail, Loss of License, fines.
- Can cause your insurance rates to go up.
- Can add points to your license.
- Will show on your record for many years.
- May affect your job or ability to volunteer either now or in the future.
- Can interfere with your travel plans out of the country.
- Might cancel government benefits.
Our Attorneys work to protect your record.
- Request all required documentation from the court.
- Develop the best defense strategy for each individual case.
- Address your case at the court hearing with you.
- Notify you of any steps you need to do to complete the process.
Why would I chose Merrill Law vs. another Criminal Defense Attorney?
Our experience over the last 26 years has established us as one of the most successful criminal defense law offices in Snohomish County.
Serving you with integrity and a strong commitment to honesty have always been an important part of the Merrill Law Firm.
Care and compassion to address your case are paramount in our dedication to helping you.
Criminal Cases are handled by our legal team and we are available by phone to address details 24/7.
Commonly Asked Questions
When is the attorney available to discuss my ticket?
You can call Merrill Law at any time, 24 hours a day, even if it's 3:00 o'clock in the morning and you've just been pulled over, we are available to answer your legal questions regarding your Criminal Case.
I have heard that Merrill Law can help me with a Criminal Case, how does this work?
When you call the office, one of our legal team members will assist you with the process of hiring Merrill Law for representation to fight your Criminal Case.
You will be connected with the Attorney to discuss your case and the affordable rates.
It is important to know that your case will be addressed through the presiding Court.
- The Criminal case will be filed with the appropriate court.
- The time in which this step of the process is completed varies widely. We watch closely for the case to file and begin.
- The Arraignment Notice will be sent to you by mail and is the beginning hearing of your Criminal Court Case. Speak to the office regarding this hearing.
- You are required to appear at all the hearings for your Criminal Case. A warrant for your arrest could be issued if you do not appear.
- In most cases, multiple Court hearings are required to address your case properly and get the best outcome for you.
- We will request the appropriate Police Reports, documents and any other data required to fight your case.
- Evaluations, treatment, or classes may be a part of addressing the needs of your case.
- It is important for you to complete any steps that you have agreed to accomplish in the outcome or sentence of your case.
How do I hire Merrill Law?
- Speak to our legal team to complete your Agreement form and make your payment.
- You can come in to the office during business hours or,
- Call during business hours to have the form sent to you by Email, Fax, Mail or complete the online request for a form.
The completed client agreement form and the fee will need to be paid prior to Merrill Law being able to represent you in court.
I am a returning client, can you use my previous agreement form?
- We need to verify that we have your most current contact information.
- Include the details specific to your new case.
- Your signature is required for each individual case we help you with.
What forms of payment does Merrill Law accept?
- Visa, MasterCard, or American Express
Which courts does Merrill Law go to?
Merrill Law handles cases in several counties and cities in Washington State. Call us to verify if your case is assigned to a court that we attend.
What are the chances that I will get a good outcome for my Criminal Case?
Each case is unique and will be addressed on its own individual issues. We strategically address your case to meet your individual needs and to arrive at the best resolution.
With that in mind, we can not predict what your outcome will be and we do not want to mislead you in anyway. Rest assured we will work hard to get the best outcome for your case.
What can I do now?
The most important thing that you can do once Rick is retained, is to notify the court of any address changes. They will be mailing court date information to the address on file, and if that is incorrect you might not receive the court date in a timely manner.
I am really worried, the legal system is complex.
Merrill Law will be handling your case through the entire process. We take each case very seriously and work to address the needs of your case directly. We have very experienced attorneys working on your side to guide you through this case from beginning to end.
Call us now to ask additional questions or to hire an experienced attorney who has deep connections with the local legal system.