DUI - DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE
A DUI is a Crime
DUI cases are not all the same. Until you speak with an attorney, your options are unknown and you are unsure of what will happen next.
Merrill Law Can Help You Fight Your DUI
How can a DUI affect you.
- Go on your Driving Abstract as a Gross Misdemeanor or Felony
- Minimum consequences include Jail, Loss of License
- Can cause your insurance rates to go up.
- Can add points to your license.
- Will show on your record for many years.
- May affect your job either now or in the future.
- Can interfere with your travel plans out of the country.
Our Attorneys work to protect your record.
- Request all required documentation from the court.
- Develop the best defense strategy for each individual case.
- Address your case at the court hearing with you.
- Notify you of any steps you need to do to complete the process.
DUI cases are handled by our legal team and we are available by phone to address details 24/7.
Commonly Asked Questions
When is the attorney available to discuss my ticket?
You can call Merrill Law at any time, 24 hours a day, even if it's 3:00 o'clock in the morning and you've just been pulled over, we are available to answer your legal questions regarding your DUI.
I have heard that Merrill Law can help me with a DUI, how does this work?
When you call the office, one of our legal team members will assist you with the process of hiring Merrill Law for representation to fight your DUI.
You will be connected with the Attorney to discuss your case and the affordable rates.
It is important to know that your case will be addressed by the Department of License (DOL) and through the presiding Court.
Department of License:
- DOL gives you 20 days to request a hearing.
- Speak with the attorney to talk about this hearing.
- Our Attorney’s will address your DOL hearing with the examiner.
- DOL outcomes are mailed to you directly.
- The DUI case will be filed with the appropriate court.
- The time in which this step of the process is completed varies widely. We watch closely for the case to file and begin.
- The Arraignment Notice will be sent to you by mail and is the beginning hearing of your DUI Court Case.
- You are required to appear at all the hearings for your DUI. A warrant for your arrest could be issued if you do not appear.
- In most cases, multiple Court hearings are required to address your case properly and get the best outcome for you.
- We will request the appropriate Police Reports, documents and any other data required to fight your case.
- Ignition Interlock may be required for you to continue driving.
- Evaluations, treatment, or classes may be a part of addressing the needs of your case.
- It is important for you to complete any steps that you have agreed to accomplish in the outcome or sentence of your case.
How do I hire Merrill Law?
Speak to our legal team to complete your Agreement form and make your payment.
- You can come in to the office during business hours or,
- Call during business hours to have the form sent to you by Email, Fax, Mail or complete the online request for a form.
- The completed client agreement form and the fee will need to be paid prior to Merrill Law being able to represent you in court.
I am a returning client, can you use my previous agreement form?
- We need to verify that we have your most current contact information.
- Include the details specific to your new case.
- Your signature is required for each individual case we help you with.
What forms of payment does Merrill Law accept?
- Visa, MasterCard, or American Express
Which courts does Merrill Law go to?
Merrill Law handles cases in several counties and cities in Washington State. Call us to verify if your case is assigned to a court that we attend.
What are the chances that I will get a good outcome for my DUI?
Each case is unique and will be addressed on its own individual issues. We strategically address your case to meet your individual needs and to arrive at the best resolution.
With that in mind, we can not predict what your outcome will be and we do not want to mislead you in anyway. Rest assured we will work hard to get the best outcome for your case.
What can I do now?
The most important thing that you can do once Rick is retained, is to notify the court of any address changes. They will be mailing court date information to the address on file, and if that is incorrect you might not receive the court date in a timely manner.
Why would I chose Merrill Law vs. another DUI Attorney?
Our experience over the last 26 years has established us as one of the most successful DUI law offices in Snohomish County.
Serving you with integrity and a strong commitment to honesty have always been an important part of the Merrill Law Firm.
Care and compassion to address your case are paramount in our dedication to helping you.
I am really worried, the legal system is complex.
Merrill Law will be handling your case through the entire process. We take each case very seriously and work to address the needs of your case directly. We have very experienced attorneys working on your side to guide you through this case from beginning to end.
Call us now to ask additional questions or to hire an experienced attorney who has deep connections with the local legal system.